Friday, August 10, 2012

Rebooting My Reboot

Long time, no blog eh? I've made a mess of trying to reboot my life it seems. The failure for me of juicing caused a real emotional impact. I was so hopeful it would be helpful, so when it went bad for me I lost hope. I guess I needed to take some time to really examine things from another perspective. I needed to learn to forgive myself and realize that the only real failure is not trying. And some changes I made did stick. I'm much better at serving size, especially with my lunches. I'm drinking more water, and when I do drink soda it's usually soda I made at home with a sodastream soda maker. It's still diet soda, so no carbs, no sugar, and no calories. And it's a fraction of the sodium per serving compared to store bought. Still some sofium, but my daily intake isdown a huge amount and is in the normal amount allowed per day.

But I feel like I'm finally ready to try to ride this horse again. It's time to get back in the saddle and take the reigns of my health once again. I don't have a plan tjis time beyond to just try harder at the tjings I know I need to do. And I need to try and get my activity up. I downloaded a pefometer app to my phone so I can start challenging myself to take more steps each day. I wish I had a treadmill. That would be awesome. Have you looked at the cost of a decent heavy-duty treadmill though? Insanity I tell you. I should start looking for used ones. But for now I just need to find a way to increase my activity without dieing in 100+ temps. Everyone wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Ken
    God does not make JUNK and you can become the man you've always wanted to be! It takes work to overcome some of life's battles but you have a good support system and you can do this. I see a healthy Ken full of life with the ability to do all those things that right now are not physically feasible! But I see you beyond that! Yep I do

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck sweetie!! I am proud of you, and looking forward to getting in the saddle with you, as I need to make some huge changes too and together we will be better. :)

    ReplyDelete