Friday, March 23, 2012

Days 7 - 12: Going Strong

Good evening everyone.  Just checking in with a blog post to let anyone whose actually reading know how I've been doing.  Things are going well, but not too much has changed.  The Plan is proceeding.  This was a pretty calm week without much new going on in the way of diet or health.  My girlfriend's birthday was this week, so we did have one night with a slice of cake for each of us.  But I figure if you're going to be so rigid you can't even enjoy a birthday cake you're setting yourself up for failure.  Passing on the ice cream after the play last week was one thing, but birthdays are at a different level.


Everything else has been pretty much business as usual though.  Still taking the journey one day at a time as I try to make smarter and healthier decisions in my life.  My water intake is up and I've cut out a lot of junk food.  No new juice experiments as we've been pretty busy in the evenings as my girlfriend gets ready to co-host a church retreat tomorrow.  Plus I think we're both ready to move past the experiments and actually do this thing.  So given that, plus the fact that I didn't realize April 6 - 8 is Easter weekend, we've changed the date for our first official Reboot.  We've moved it up a week, to March 30 - April 1.  Better to move it up then post-pone it.  My girlfriend wants us to get started before we begin losing motivation, and I worry that if we pushed it back a week it might make it easier to delay even more once the time comes.

I'll try to check in at least once more before The Long Weekend, but the weekend of the fast you'll definitely have multiple posts to help me stay positive, and maybe even a video blog or two.  See you then!

1 comment:

  1. ken that's get job on no junk food and more water. What happen with me is I cut my serving down on my plate. 2nd I never go back for 2nd and of course no junk food I read every label so I know what is in the food I am buying. OK now Birthday we all love to go to family and friend not to be rude I will have a very very small piece

    remember ken we are making life changes and we need to stay on track at all time.
    great job on no ice cream.

    remember you are not alone I am doing everything you are doing. so I hope we can work together
    Love Annie
    p.s god and all your angels are cheering you on

    ReplyDelete